Over the last few months, there have been umpteen articles, books and movies that we have been going through learning about TGA or CHD in general. Some of them I googled and found out, while others were just referred to us by friends of other CHD babies.
I am just posting the links to these, its worth a quick view. If there are any other resources that can be added, please do not hesitate to let me know – I am hoping we could have a good list of resources for families to start browsing:
- Walk on Water: The Miracle of saving Children’s Lives: A very inspiring book about Dr. Roger Mee, pediatric heart surgeon from Cleaveland Clinic who worked on CHD babies. Had tonnes of information on what one could expect during surgery – short stories of different cases the surgeon worked on.
- Something the Lord Made: Depicts a story of a doctor and his lab technician in the 1940s in Baltimore who started working on ways to operate on blue babies.
- The Heart of the Matter: A documentary on CHD in general – a very good introduction
- ZipLine: A book written by the father of a little girl who has CHD that talks about the large scar on babie’s chest post open heart surgery.
- Patch the Heart Lion: A Lion character called Patch who also has CHD and experienced a number of hospital procedures, a story worth sharing with your little heart warrior
Hope this is helpful for parents who are starting to look for information…